Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wind Rain and a Nice Fire

As is often the case in Southeast Alaska today was a rainy and windy day. It’s days like this that we especially enjoy our woodstove.


The wind and rain blew across the lake all day while the radio kept issuing high wind warning with guest over 50mph. This is when it’s great to be inside looking out at the lake sitting next to the fire in the stove.



The stove we chose for our home is a Woodstock Soapstone Stove. We chose the stove for the following reasons; the soapstone radiates an even heat, the stove burns clean because of the catalytic converter, and the beauty of the soapstone.


The Ecofan helps move the heat around the room. We find with the soapstone and the fan that we can easily heat most of the house off wood when we want to. It sure helps save on the heating bill!

For those of you that don't know the Ecofan uses the heat of the stove to generate the power that operates the fan

3 comments:

Mary said...

Marcel,

I love the stove. We are planning on having one installed before next winter. We have it all picked out. It will sure make a difference in the heating bill.

I still have to check with the fire insurance company to find out the difference if we install a woodstove. I've been told it will be cheaper to go with a natural gas stove.

I've enjoyed my visit, as always. Please drop by my blog. I have a little something for you.

Blessings,
Mary

Marcel said...

Mary,

Many, many thanks for all your kindness. I'll write more sometime soon and drop in on your blog to hopefully express how much I appreciate all your kindness.

Lady Di Tn said...

Marcel
I read your reply to Mary's blog about bees and just had to pop over and check out your blog. WOW.
What beautiful pictures. You and your family live in a beautiful area. I loved looking at all the pictures of the house in process and the finished project.
I have learned quite a bit from you already so I will keep popping by to improve my knowledge.
We moved in with my MIL 18 years ago and she is wonderful. Now she is on a walker and I take her to all her actiivities. I call it driving Mz Mimi.
Peace and thanks for all the info