Monday, November 5, 2007

Millie’s Panoramic View

This morning I picked up from the framers the panormamic photograph of the view Millie enjoyed from her Colorado home before moving to Sitka.


Millie stands in her room admiring the photograph that her good friend Teri gave her as a going away present when she moved from Colorado to Southeast Alaska.


Millie and Connie had already decided the photograph would hang above the closet doors in Millie's room. So as soon as I walked in with the newly framed photo I hung it.


I wish the photo of the photo did justice to the view that was out Millie's window. Millie lived in the same home for around 45 years and over the years she watched the view change from seeing very few homes to many, many homes. Out these same windows she watched her children, grandchildren and even great grandchildren play. The gift from Teri helps keep those memories alive.

3 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

What a lovely give from her friend. Millie's life seems to mirror my MIL Mimi's life. She has lived in this house since the 60's and before it was built, her and Lewis lived in a log cabin without electricity where the basketball goal sits on the hill. When they first moved out here, Mimi said the only light you could see in the distance was the light of the train. She too has watched the western portion of Nashville build up and we have lots of lights to gaze upon at night now.
Mimi will be 89 in April .
Peace

Marcel said...

Lady Di

Thanks for the nice post. I always find the average human story much more interesting than that of the rich and famous. These are the people who built this country, so their stories are not only more interesting to me, but probably more important to human kind.

With Veterans Day coming up I should post some stuff about my father-in-law. He was a real American hero in my eyes. He was a veteran who saw active duty in 3 wars was married to Millie for nearly 60 years, and raised 4 kids all while being a very humble man.

Mary said...

Marcel,

What a beautiful gift and though it isn't perfectly clear, I can see the view.

What a shame that every empty space on the planet is being used to build something on. Where is our Green Space?

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed my visit, as always.

Blessings,
Mary