Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nate and Blake

The most special time of the week for Connie and me is Sunday when we play with our grandsons. This Sunday was as special as ever.


As we walked up the trail from the boy's house Nate decided to stop and hug a tree. He is wearing a coat that his mother and grandmother made Blake when he was Nate's age. This coat is filled with mountain goat hair that Zach found stuck to a tree after a goat had rubbed it off. It is made from one of Zach's old wool shirts, and since the Boys have Canadian roots the red coat with the maple leaf is appropriate.


Blake was getting too hot running around so he said it was refreshing to lay on the snow and ice.

2 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

The pictures on the last three post are wonderful as usual. The cave story was very vivid and kept me reading to the end. I found myself at one point holding my breath for you.
I hope Blake and Nate do not have the cave digging gene.
Connie does beautiful work and to know both grandsons have stayed warm through her efforts.
Awaiting the next short story of your youthful adventures.
Peace

Mary said...

Marcel,

The photos are great. I love it when you post pictures of the boys and that coat is beautiful. I would imagine it's very warm filled with goat's wool.

Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
mary