Monday, December 3, 2007

Frozen Lake

The last few days it’s been cold and clear in Sitka so Swan Lake is good and frozen. My mother-in-law Millie and I had surprise visitors today when my daughter-in-law and two grandsons came walking across the lake. When the left I joined them on the ice and the Connie and I went back on the lake this evening for a short walk.


The view from the front deck of the frozen lake.



Daughter-in-law Jenn and grandson Nate on the ice in front of our house. I tired to get 5 year old Blake in the photo, but do you know how hard it is to get a 5 year old to stay still when there is a frozen lake to run on?


Looking back at the house from just a short ways out on the lake.


Connie is trying to stay warm as we cross the lake to get a look at the house, which is in the middle of the photo.

2 comments:

Jenn Lawlor said...

great photos Marcel...although I don't think they do your beautiful home the justice it deserves!

I hope the ice doesn't melt too soon :)

Mary said...

Your ice is as smooth as glass. How I would love to skate on it and so would the grandsons. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary