Saturday, December 8, 2007

Concrete and Christmas Cookies

Yes I know that Christmas cookies and concrete don’t go together, but I like the title.

I went out this evening to take a couple of photos of the concrete after I finished stripping the forms from the garage floor a couple of day ago. As I was coming back in I looked though windows to see Connie baking.


I took this photo through the window and as you can see Connie didn't know I was there.


I accidentally hit the lenses on the window so she caught me taking this shot.

Below are the photos of the concrete after the forms were stripped from the garage floor. I finished the job a couple of days ago after putting it on hold because it was too cold to work in an unheated area.


I’m very happy with the results. After finishing stripping the forms the concrete looked about as good as it could except in one small area. So, I’m very happy and proud of the job we did.




The black ABS drain pipe is the floor drains for the garage floor. The area below the garage will someday be a family rec room and my office.

3 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Yummy cookies. I love cookies and Connie looks like a teenager in the second photo.
I conmend you on a job well done with the concrete and if there was only one spot you were looking tooooo close.
Peace

Mary said...

A wonderful shot of Connie making Christmas cookies and though concrete and cement don't go together, I too like the sound of it.

Congratulations on a great job with the cement.

Blessings,
Mary

Marcel said...

Mary and Lady Di,

As always thanks for your kinds words. Is Connie ever going to be happy when I tell her she looks like a teenager. It's not every day a grandmother in her mid 50's gets told that. However, I do agree she looks much younger than she is. She always has, and I've known her since she was about 11.