Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas is Coming

Yes, it is a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. But, it’s the 1st tree we have had in our new home so it is extra special to us.

Living in a rain forest surrounded by thousands of evergreen trees I just can’t bring my self to purchase a farm grown tree. (I also don’t buy drinking water in a plastic bottle when we get over 100 inches of rain a year.)

This little tree was soon to be cut down anyway as it was right in the path of some underground utilities that are about to be ran. I hate cutting trees down unless there is a reason too.


4 generations work together decorating the tree. Great grandma, grandma, momma and Blake putting the decorations on the tree.


Blake was getting into the tree decorating.


When you are not quite two years old its tough being told you can’t be at the top of the ladder with your 5 year old brother at the same time. But, it helps to have a loving grandmother.


Grandma holds Nate on the lader while I go outside and take a picture through the window.

6 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

I bet you never met a tree you did not like. I once told a friend that about myself and was reminded of it often.
I love all the pictures of the tree decorating and that one with four generations is PRICELESS.
Grandma knew just what do to make the smile return and the tears to fade.
Peace

Marcel said...

Lady Di,

You are correct. I love trees, and it is priceless to have 4 generation in our home when the grandkids come to visit.

Mary said...

Marcel,

A wonderful Charlie Brown tree and the photos have recorded a wonderful family memory. Four generations of family decorating the tree.

Those tears changed to wide-eyed amazement when Grandma held Nate on the ladder. Grandmas are very special people, as are Grandpas.

Thanks for stopping by Treasures to me and commenting on my Queen Charlotte post. I found your comments both informative and interesting and really enjoyed your visit.

Blessings,
Mary

Jenn Lawlor said...

I especially love the last photo of Nate looking through the foliage :)

Marcel said...

jenn,

I agree. Of course I think the one of Blake with his tounge sticking out while he hangs ornaments on the tree is special too.

Marie said...

What a nice post. What a great family. The house looks beautiful.