Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nate

This weekend Zach, Jenn and Blake went to a workshop so we were asked to watch 2 year old Nate for the 2 days. Of course we protested; as if the only thing we had to do was spend precious time with one of our beloved little grandsons. Just joking of course as there is nothing I’d rather do than spend time with the boys. Frankly, it just doesn’t get better than that!


Saturday was a glorious day so we headed to the playground with Nate.


He ejoyes crawling through the plastic tubes.


Why is it that every kid loves to get dizzy? Here grandma spins him round and round.


It is pure joy watching this happy little face!


Laughing and giggling all day long!




It totally melts my heart when he looks up and asks for my hand.


Sunday was a very rainy and windy day so it was inside playing. He loves to put on grownup cloths and be silly.



Tomorrow is Saint Patrick’s Day and the anniversary of my mother’s death. She passed shortly after my 7th birthday 48 years ago.

As I grow older I have a harder and harder time understanding how my father only saw his children as something to get work out of. He had no love for his own childern and he took zero interest in his grandchildren. I think my son only saw him a couple of times while he was growing up. To me I just can not imagine how any person could not understand the gift that our children are to us and how extremely fortunate we are to have grandchildren. I don’t think a person can truly understand deep family love until their grandchild looks up to them and ask for a hand, or runs over and gives them a hug. I know I’m truly blessed to have my two grandsons, and I cherish each minute I get to spend with them.

2 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

My heart goes out to that young boy who had to grow up without his Mother. Mine was the center of the family and the glue that held us together. My Dad's father was much like your Father and then Dad saw us children the same way while we were growing up. He was HORRIBLE to my little brother, my older sister ran away and got married at age 15 and I took off to Nashville as soon as I graduated from high school. Then two years before Mother got so sick ,as they say in the country he got religon and did a 180. He then never forgave himself and he did love his grandkids.
I think both of us got a good lesson from our fathers 'HOW NOT TO BE"
Nuf said.
I love those pictures of grandma and grandpa playing with Nate. How adorable. Peace

Mary said...

Marcel,

How sad that your mother died when you were so young and that your father never took an interest. That is heart wrenching.

I'm so glad you have a special place in your heart for your grandsons. There was nothing that made my heart soar as much as when they were little and ran to me with outstretched arms each time I went in the door. Today when I go in, they still yell, "Grandma," especially if they don't know I'm coming. It's music to my ears.

Your boys are adorable. You and Connie have such a special relationship with them. The boys are lucky to have such loving grandparents. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Blessings,
Mary